Saturday, September 17, 2011

first baby cardigan

making a sweater has intimidated me..to the point I'd look at a pattern and assume there was no way I'd be able to make something like that...
Well some friends have adopted a baby girl and the challenge was now there.. make the baby a sweater.  So I found this pattern that said it was simple...hmmm looks pretty simple... http://www.suite101.com/content/easy-crochet-pattern--for-newborn-jacket-a349289 is the pattern..

So finding yarn in my stash I proceeded.  My fear came true..I wasn't getting the arms the same..but it wasn't hard to fix!

Then I wanted a hat to match and started looking for patterns... I don't need a pattern!  I've made hats, I know the shell stitch used...voila!  a matching hat...

Now I just have to figure out how to post pictures here...
thank you Bailey4 from crochetville... PICTURES!



For now here is my ravelry page to that project http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FrLopLady/easy-crochet-pattern-for-newborn-jacket  and now I don't need this anymore!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. Sounds like you are finding great ways to blend your crocheting and your new interest in blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what you need, one more thing. However, you will be good at this.
    Diane, Merv and I went to the Fallesberg Festival yesterday, we saw some very cool hats. Couple of rows of fancy stuff and with a removable pin. We said, "Oh, Mary would like these." BTW, still waiting. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying to make an "accessory" to go with the hat. lol

    ReplyDelete