Tuesday, May 22, 2012

November...wow... about time I post something again.  I can't post everything I've made since then as it would take up so much space.

I have started making chemo hats.  I began the journey when a friend (ok another rabbit head too) had to go in for chemo for the 2nd time for lung cancer.  First time was colon cancer.  I started making the hats when I went to visit her and found the hats that were there were either to big, to small or made of yarns that were not soft as a chemo hat needed to be.  Above are just the ones I've finished recently.  The hat on the bottom left... I was making that hat at the hospital last week Wednesday.  You see, Marilyn ended up in the hospital last week, 2 weeks after her last chemo treatment.  Her body ravaged by the chemo that was to heal her, also took it's toll and even though she may have been willing to keep fighting, her body was not.  She went home to heaven at 4:30 that morning.

I will continue to make hats in Marilyn's honor, and in the honor of those that have also lost, and for those that are still fighting.  May you win the battle.

Hugs,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment